Friday, May 8, 2009

Bailey and her dang splint

LOL as rambunctious and crazy as Bailey was before she broke her toe, it's twice as bad with a humungo splint on her leg!!! She's constantly banging it against stuff, me, Hudson, kitties, the ground, her crate, etc. It's hard plastic so it's loud too!! She's NOT supposed to get it wet, but it's been raining for quite some time here, so it's extremely wet outside and the ground is saturated. We tape a plastic bag on her leg when she goes outside, but sometimes she runs so fast that it just slips right off! Yesterday I let her out for about 5 minutes and when I went to let her in and she was soaked from head to broken toe, including her cast! I could have wrung her neck! She's been pretty good about not chewing on it, she did once or twice, but when she's in her crate she has to wear the E-collar and that pretty much takes care of that problem. I did get some pics of the splint and I'll post those soon. All the little gal wants to do is play and her and Hudson play SO ROUGH! I let them play for a few minutes, but then I worry she's going to hurt her toe so I have to put her back in her crate. :( She's been in her crate alot more since she hurt her toe, but it's the only way to keep her activity level down. I'll be SO glad when that toe is healed so she can play again and go to the dog park.

No comments:

Post a Comment